Photo: A cross section of the electorate of Chevella Lok Sabha Constituency along with Konda Vishweshwar Reddy, releasing his vision statement for the Constituency
Laying the Path for a Better City, Better State and Better Country
A Mandate to Serve
While I don’t believe in talking too much about who am I, I do believe that my family and educational background, professional experience and achievements make me a worthy candidate in the contest for Chevella MP. It is important that the electorate knows complete details about all their candidates so that they make an informed decision on who to vote for. This document attempts to provide the electorate details about me and my vision for the next five years as a Member of Parliament.
That the environment we create around us is physical, intellectual and ideological in nature. Vision, good planning and meticulous implementation must go hand in hand. Innovation, science, engineering and technology with a committed and capable leadership can transform India. Politics must change and the people are ready for that change. The electorate recognizes this shift and will vote for “Progress”.
A progressive and developed constituency in which people have better standards of living and a bright future for their children. Vibrant rural hubs that ensure a good quality of life for young and old so that people avoid urban migration and flourish in their home towns. This can only be achieved by education, job creation, farmer upliftment, women safety and empowerment and environmental protection.
Parliamentary Track Record
• Among the top 10% of parliamentarians with a track record of 95% attendance in the Lok Sabha and haven spoken on over 100 occasions.
• Member of several national committees such as the standing committee on industry, committee on privileges, Consultative Committee on Power & Renewable Energy and the joint Committee on the Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance Bill, 2017.
• Convener, WASH Legislative Forum of Parliamentarians
• Convener, Parliamentarians’ Group for Children
• Played a significant role in bringing brought changes to 3 policies at the national level pertaining to biogas, fish ladder and solar energy.
• Set up a robust mechanism to understand, receive and respond to problems faced by the people in Chevella constituency.
• Conducted several job melas in rural areas of Chevella constituency for jobs creation to reduce urban migration and unemployment. Successfully generated employment for over 6000 youth by concentrating on Education, training & apprenticeships.
• Using the MPLADS funds, built over 22 Community Sports Centres to give the youth, a place where they can meet, have healthy interactions, spread awareness of good practices in agriculture, health and education
• Commissioned the rollout of Mobile Swach Trucks which today cleans over 90 school toilets daily utilized by over 30,000 children, thereby providing better sanitation to our next generation.
•Personally, executed the cleaning of many lakes in the urban areas (Hafeezpet, Gangaram, Nekhnampur & Peddamangalaram Lake). Now, a lake committee formed by the residents supervises the upkeep and maintenance of the lake and has resulted in reduced mosquitoes.
• Built a self-sufficient biogas plant at Peddamangalaram and started giving piped biogas connections to houses in Peddamangalaram. This has resulted in huge LPG savings for the locals.
• Peti ti oned for the improvement of roads and drainage in Serilingampally.
•Geo-tagged the bore-wells in Chevella Constituency and compiled the data of open borewells and encouraged the youth to close them
• Helped with streamlining crop insurance, addressed the exploitation of taxi drivers, lobbied for a reduction in GST on Tandur stone among others.
Five Point Mission for Chevella Parliamentary Constituency
1. EDUCATION FOR THE YOUTH
The youth is our biggest strength. We must nurture and protect them. A primary focus on Education for our youth shall help build a New India.
2. YOUTH APPRENTICESHIP & EMPLOYMENT
Employment is one of largest factors that can stabilize a family. Apprenticeships help gain a platform for stable job opportunities. Adopting innovative methods of seeing that our youth are educated, skilled and properly employed shall be a high priority.
3. AGRICULTURAL SUPPORT
Farmers are the backbone of our country, and agrarian distress affects all of us in one way or the other. Innovative methods shall be adopted to advance the agricultural sector through food parks, processing centers & technological advancements.
4. WOMEN SAFETY, EMPOWERMENT & FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE
To ensure all efforts are put in make women financially independent & thereby empower them to reach greater heights in our society. A constant effort would be put in to build a safe environment for women.
5. ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
A clean & healthy environment, through reduced air pollution, cleaner lakes & better sanitation, is something we must leave behind for the next generation. It is our responsibility!
“I am not a leader, I am an elected representative
it is the will of the people that leads me”